Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The Phillips Collection - Community in Focus Exhibition 2020

 


Well 2021 started off with a Bang!

I’m not sure when I came across the IG profile of user @carolina_photo_cafe. I do recall
seeing her images in my stream. I saw a powerful story that I wanted to follow. #inspiration
A few weeks ago carolina_photo_cafe sent me the link to this call for work from the Phillips Collection Museum in DC. I had never heard of this organization. This was not on my radar at all! I wrote back to her saying ,”Thank you very much for sharing.” Her immediate response to me was, “Sharing is caring...and you do take some beautiful pictures. Good luck.” Thank you for the kind words!!!
The Phillips Community in Focus exhibition is a selected set of images representing the year 2020. It was to my surprise to see my image this morning in the collection. My foto was taken last year while at the Martin Luther King parade. I was back home in Los Angeles. It was a great day. This image had some visibility in 2020. It was selected to be in two other exhibitions last year, Fraction Magazine 12th Anniversary Group Edition and the Berkeley University URSAMINOR Punctuated Equilibrium VOL4.
I always look forward to being home and capturing images of my city. For me capturing the history of my city (to include Compton) is just something I like to do.
The exhibition will be presented on-site at the Phillips Collection and at the Phillips satellite campus Phillips@THEARC as a projected exhibition from January 9th-February 7, 2021
What (else) will 2021 bring?
THANK YOU!!! carolina_photo_cafe! Yo estarĂ© agradecido por tu amabilidad. ¡Dios bendiga usted y su familia!







No comments: